2013 Holiday Schedule
NEW YEARS DAY
Monday, September 2
Wednesday, December 25 DELAY
Founded in 2006 by Randie Lawson, Apple Valley Waste currently serves residents in Berkeley and Jefferson Counties, West Virginia and Washington County, Maryland. Over 50 local men and women are employed by AVW.
- 20,000 square foot operations center
- The collection and transportation of residential waste provided to 40,000 customers in West Virginia and Washington County, MD.
- Curbside recycling provided to 10,000 customers in Jefferson County, WV.
- A maintenance shop for the upkeep and repair of a fleet of 30 trucks.
- A customer service center designed to meet all customer needs.
COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE
- A web site designed to provide customer outreach.
- Online payment option.
- Monthly newsletter included in all invoices – provides ongoing communication.
- Support of recycling efforts.
COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY
- Annual Christmas tree pickup and recycling during the month of January with 50% of all proceeds donated to the Berkeley and Jefferson County Boys and Girls Club.
- Active member of the Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce.
- Donation of trash removal services for the United Way “Day of Caring.”
- Provide free Recycle, Reuse, Reduce educational programs to various community organizations.
COMMITMENT TO TECHNOLOGY
- Apple Valley employs a full time MIS/Logistics Technology Manager.
- Each customer is assigned a unique Latitude and Longitude - allowing Apple Valley to pinpoint locations with accuracy.
- Onboard Tablet PC’s, using “OnRoute by Alpine Technology” are provided on company trucks and to route drivers, enabling real-time feedback between the office and the driver.
- GPS Fleet Tracking and Monitoring introduced.
- Using Real Time Parts Inventory and Repair Management, Apple Valley tracks detailed, accurate daily expenses for each truck in the fleet.