2013 Holiday Schedule
NEW YEARS DAY
Monday, September 2
Wednesday, December 25 DELAY
Once a week curbside pickup and once a week curbside recycling at $24.77 a month.
- Bulky item pickup, 2 free per month.
- Recycling included in the monthly rate. Call to obtain a recycling bin.
- 96-gallon refuse carts for rent.
Flat Rate - $170.00 – Limited Time offer of $125.00
- Bag is mailed out via UPS
- Use at your convenience,
call when full!
- 6ft Long, 6ft Wide, 3ft Tall
- Clean out garage or attic
- Declutter Closets
- Move in or out of your home
- Yard Waste
- Renovation Debris
Residential Container Service
flat rate at $250.00
- Ideal for residential spring cleanups or "do-it-yourself" home projects.
- 15-yard roll off containers available.
- Flat rate includes pick up and 2 tons of disposal.
- $50 one-time delivery fee.
- Call AVW to schedule delivery.
yard waste sticker program
Apple Valley Waste provides yard waste pickup as an extra service, yard waste is not included as part of your regular monthly service. Each bag or bundle of yard waste must have an Apple Valley Waste Yard Waste Sticker attached.
Call one of our customer service representatives or click here to send us an email request to purchase stickers or schedule a pickup.
$2.00/sticker – stickers come in lots of 5.
- Must schedule pickups for 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month.
- Place yard waste at the curb the night before your collection day.
- Yard waste must be contained in a biodegradable paper bag or tied in bundles not to exceed four (4) feet in length and 35 pounds in weight
- Each bag or bundle must have one sticker affixed to it in a location visible from the curb. Items without stickers will not be collected.
- Bags and bundles of material cannot exceed 34 gallons in size and 50 pounds in weight.
- Place your recyclables inside the red recycling bin provided by Apple Valley Waste and have your bin at the curb in front of your house the night before your collection day
- Follow the instructions below for acceptable and unacceptable items. If your bin is contaminated with unacceptable items the bin will not be serviced by Apple Valley Waste
- If you have questions or concerns please call Apple Valley Waste at 304-724-1834
Paper, Newspapers, and Cardboard
- Place paper or cardboard items in the bottom of your bin or along side the bin in a paper bag
- All paper and cardboard items must be free from food debris and grease in order to be accepted
- All cardboard items that do not fit in your container, must be flattened and bound with string
- Bundles should be no larger than 2ft X 2ft
- Anything that comes in the newspaper can be recycled with the newspaper
- Mixed paper
- Paperboard items
- Telephone books, magazines, catalogs
- Stationary, letterhead, copy paper, notepaper and computer paper
- Paper with waxed surfaces or plastic liners, and gift wrap
- Plastic bags
- Gift wrap
- Non-paper items
- All other items (Glass, Metal, and Plastic) should be placed loosely in your bin
- Before recycling, make sure that all items are free from food debris. Food contaminated products will not be accepted
- Remove all lids
- Metal lids can be recycled
- Plastic lids should be discarded
- Clear, green and brown bottles and jars
- Window glass, ceramics, ovenware, crystal, mirrors and Pyrex
- All beverage containers made of aluminum, steel and bi-metal
- All paint cans that once contained latex or oil-based paints as long as they have been thoroughly cleaned.
- Completely empty aerosol cans
- Chemical paint thinner solvent cans, non-aerosol pesticide cans
- Empty gasoline or chemical cans
- Plastic containers with numbers: 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7
- 6-pack and 12-pack plastic rings
- Uncoded plastics, oil containers, plastic buckets, grocery bags, food-contaminated plastics and oversized plastics